Dropcap – this is where the first character in a sentence is large taking space in the next line so as to attract reders’ attention.
To apply drop cap to a paragraph:
- Highlight the first character in a paragraph.
- Click on insert ribbon
- Identify text panel then click on drop cap icon within the panel.
- From the dropdown menu click on drop cap options to display a dialogue box
- Click on dropped or in margin icons
- Set the font, lines to drop and distance from text if necessary (in red rectangle shown above)
- Click Ok