To search for a word or phrase in a large document, use the find command, in case you want to replace a word or phrase use the Replace option.
To find a word or phrase:
- Open the document you want to search in.
- Click home ribbon.
- From editting panel click on find icon.
- A dialogue box appears like the one shown below, type the word/ phrase to find in the find what box. Click on find next. The result is highlighted within the document.
You also would specify a search criteria by clicking on more! See how to by clicking here!
To replace the found word/ phrase:
- Click the Replace tab (pointed by ared arrow below) to display the Replace with text box.
- In the replace with box type in a word/ phrase to replace with the one found.
- Click replace if you want to replace only the found word or click on replace all to replace all the occurrences of the found word.